Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Major Transformation Begins!

My big project this year is the decoration of my living room. I've lived here for 3 years and hardly use this room for anything except yoga. Last year, I had the idea that I'd use it as an computer room and do any digital design or other computer work here. Here's some before shots picture:

As it turns out, I still ended up in my kitchen with the laptop. The kitchen/dining room takes up some of the Creative area of my home according to the Feng Shui Bagua, so it makes sense. Or who knows, maybe the living room was just too sterile. Looking back at these pictures, it's even more apparent just how uninviting it is.

I got rid of my old work table in the kitchen/workspace area and put in my desk. I moved the art stuff that was sitting around to the storage basement. Easy peasy. I got rid of all the un-essentials in the living room.

What I'm going for in the living room is cozy. I want an inviting space for  yoga practice. I want to want to read in there instead of the kitchen. I want to be in there playing records. I want a place for guests to relax and feel comfortable. All this on top of the fact that it's important to actually use all rooms of your home.

Step 1 - paint those hospital walls!!!


Purple is the natural choice for the back wall in the Wealth area - it can encourage all kinds of other abundance. The warm grey-brown is a great backdrop for the blues, oranges, and greens I intend on coordinating in. Brown shades are auspicious for these areas in my house too, so everything works out perfectly!

Even though there is actually less stuff in the room, I feel like it's already more cozy already and I'm so excited for the next steps!

1 comment: